This is a picture of the nursery. After many months of sorting and donating things to Goodwill and Salvation Army, we are free from many boxes of unwanted and unused stuff. I wish I had taken pictures of the “box room” before it turned into the nursery. These are the steps we took to get the nursery ready:
1. Go through tons of stuff from two pack rats and get rid of lots of stuff. I mean a lot of stuff, at least 9 car loads (Jeep Grand Cherokee with passenger seats down) filled to the brim.
2. Take unwanted stuff to Goodwill and Salvation Army and give it away! That felt so good to get rid of material stuff!
3. My husband tried to peel the old as ages wall paper and he was successful, but we consulted with a contractor and he said to seal the wall paper in Guardz.
4. Then the contractor floated a coat of mud over it.
5. Then the painters painted it that wonderful blue you can see in the pictures.
6. My husband hung a new chandelier.
7. We moved in the nursery furniture and nested and organized it. What fun!
8. Now we change diapers, feed our baby, and LOVE him in the new nursery.
9. Smile every time we walk in the baby’s room and realize we are happy healthy parents to a happy healthy baby boy!